My 86 yr old mother who had a heart attack

Question
My 86 yr old mother who had a heart attack 5 months aGo had a period of confusion today (st in a parking lot) and had pain behind her right ear. She had a terrible shock last night and this may have induced something. IS this possibly a symptom of an ischemic Cva?
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is possible

Detailed Answer:

it is possible although as the symptoms cleared very soon (duration less than 24 hours) it could only be a transient ischemic attack (TIA). Another potential cause is dementia particularly if she has a history of forgetfulness or she seems to be less capable than usual to carry out ordinary everyday tasks.

A CT-scan of the brain may help in both cases, as it may exclude anything worse than a TIA (a real stroke that is) and it may also detect brain atrophy worse than expected for her age.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
Kind Regards!