My 2 year old boy still has epicanthal folds. Will

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
My 2 year old boy still has epicanthal folds. Will it diminish when / if the bridge of his nose grows and is this normal??
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Child Health
Follow-up: My 2 year old boy still has epicanthal folds. Will 10 minutes later
2 photos attached. pic 11 is my son at age 18 months. pic 12 id my son at age 22 months.
Follow-up: My 2 year old boy still has epicanthal folds. Will 2 minutes later
LOL....! Mistake.
Sorry told both at 20 months!!
Follow-up: My 2 year old boy still has epicanthal folds. Will 1 minute later
He is otherwise fine. Normal and naughty. can now count to 10 and has a lot to say.

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your kid is a normal kid - do not worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi... I have seen both the images of your kid. The epicanthal folds are normal as far as I can perceive. Moreover you have mentioned that he is developmentally normal and otherwise a perfectly normal kid. This is a normal finding, do not worry about this.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: My 2 year old boy still has epicanthal folds. Will 30 minutes later
:)
thank you.

How many years might it take for the bridge of his nose and (assuming connected result) eye folds change? (I have neither of these features)

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Usually as the facial bones develop - after 14- 16 years it will normalize

Detailed Answer:
Hi... The facial bones keep expanding and growing till 18 years of age. Usually as the facial bones develop - after 14- 16 years it will normalize. The same time the eye folds also change. Moreover as you say there is no family history of such features, I expect them to normalize as I said.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth