Mutual masturbation. Bump in lower stomach, painful. Could be herpes? Need to worry?

About 3 weeks ago me and a girl were messing around and masterbated each other (no vaginal or oral sex). About 2 weeks later a singular bump appeared on my lower stomach. I initially thought it was a pimple, and it was a little painful when there was pressure on it, so I just popped it. After popping it, I felt much better and it hasn't really bothered me since. Later I became worried that it could be herpes. So I took and Herpes antibody (HSV1 and HS2 IgB) blood tests at 2.5 weeks. Both of them came back negative. Do you think I have anything to worry about? When you have herpes symptoms are the antibody's already present? If she had it I am worried it could have gotten on my hands and someone transmitted to a part of my body.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later

In Herpes infection, when the lesions appear, the antibodies are already present in the body.

If your test was negative 2.5 weeks after the exposure, then there is no need to be worried. A single pimple like lesion which subsided after popping it was most likely a superficial skin infection like pimple or folliculitis.

In case of Herpes, the features would be slight different. There is pain, redness with lot of itching. It generally presents with group of lesions, multiple in number. It is associated with fever, body pain as constitutional symptoms unlike yours in which there was just single local lesion.

Just by doing masturbation without any direct sexual contact, the chances of herpes transmission are minimal.

There is no need to worry. You can be sure of not having the disease.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Mutual masturbation. Bump in lower stomach, painful. Could be herpes? Need to worry? 36 minutes later
Thanks for your reply. I am currently experiencing no pain and there was never any itching. I posted this because I was told the window period on a herpes test 3-6 weeks. But if that bump was a problem you are saying that the antibodies would have been at a detectable level.

I am having a little pain in my underarm/armpit region which is causing tingling in my arm. However nothing is swollen (like lymph nodes). I think it may just be a pinched nerve or something. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Mild pain in the armpit with tingling in the arm is likely to be due to a pinched nerve or a nerve compression. If there is no palpable lymph node in the area then it is likely to subside by taking Vitamin B complex supplements.
In case the tingling is persistent then it needs a thorough examination by your physician to find out the cause.
Hope my answer is helpful.