Muscular pain at the back. History of cardiac problems. Taking Sirdalud and Diclophinac. Remedy?

hi i am XXXXXXX. i am 54 years of age. i am a cardiac patient. recently over the past two weeks i am experiencing muscular catch ups and a lot pains in my back. i have been taking two tables Sirdalud and Diclophinac . the pain vanishes for an hour or two but then it continues to bother me. the pain is quite unbearable. can you please suggest me a remedy or the possible cause?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 38 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Your history suggests, most probably a Muscle cramp.

Pain in the back could be due to cardiac reasons as well, but it will be associated with other symptoms like chest pain, breathlessness, pain increasing with exertion and relieves by rest.

Since you mentioned that you are already a Cardiac patient, it needs detailed evaluation by a Cardiologist so that he can rule out any underlying pathology. He may suggest you Electrocardiogram (ECG), stress test, Echo cardiogram, etc as per the needs after examination.

If all your investigations and physical findings are fine, your Doctor may prescribe you analgesics with or without muscle relaxants which you will have to take as directed for the prescribed duration. I am sorry as I cannot prescribe any Medicine online, since I have not examined you.

In addition to the medicines, apply heat pads or cold packs. Cold pack will relax your tensed muscle. Use a warm towel or heating pad later if you have pain or tenderness, or take a hot bath.
Physiotherapy will also help once the cause is confirmed as muscle cramp.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Follow-up: Muscular pain at the back. History of cardiac problems. Taking Sirdalud and Diclophinac. Remedy? 15 hours later
hello doctor,

i have had a recent annual cardiac check up about four weeks back. the stress test (TMT) & ECG test results are normal. My doctor also had my blood examined for lipid profile where in the total cholestral count is 164 LDL 74 HDL 47. Uric Acid levels were also normal. I do not experience any chest pain or breathlessness but catch ups on the sides below the ribs and upto hips.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 2 hours later

Thank you for writing back to me.

The results of the test are all absolutely fine except raised cholesterol levels which your doctor might have explained to you. They are again not alarming.

So do not worry, as your symptoms are unlikely to be heart related. As explained it is probably just a muscle cramp.

Use a muscle relaxant as advised by your Doctor, follow the advice which I had already given, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope this helps. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further follow ups.

Good Luck.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.