Muscular injuries, long time to heal, consume alcohol once a week. How to treat the injuries?

since last few months I am getting muscular injuries often which take long to heal, I consume alcohol once in a week. Has it any relation with this. How it is to be treated.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

If a person is getting repeated muscular injuries, it means either he is nutritionally deficient or he has poor musculature which easily gets injured by any strenuous physical activity. generally most of the people have both the reasons.

If a person is not exercising daily, his muscle tone is flaccid and if such a person indulges in any moderate to severe physical activity, his muscles get sprained and pulled or torn easily.

You can prevent these by following measures.

Start daily exercises involving most of the muscles.

Must lift some weights to develop the necessary muscle tone.

Avoid Injury by daily stretching.

Always stretch before exercises.

Indulge in warm up routine prior to engaging in strenuous activity.

Take fresh fruits and dry fruits.

Take proper protein.

Take proper vitamins and calcium.

Although calcium is drained from tour body by use of alcohol but if your consumption of alcohol is small and if you are exercising daily, its use should not have any relation with your muscle injuries.

I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me if there is any other query.

Thanks and good luck.