Muscles are hurting and unable to walk. What could be the reason?
User rating for this question
i got the flu then all my muscles starting to hurt really bad, i can barley walk and have no strength, this has XXXXXXX going on for a week.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is post viral myalgia. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. After a viral infection, the generalized pain in the muscles is a common finding. This happens due to post viral myalgia. This is a self limiting illness. The spontaneous improvement is seen in 3-4 weeks. For symptomatic relief, you can start taking a mild pain killer like ibuprofen after the meals three times a day. Taking a hot shower will also help in decreasing the muscle spasms. Keep yourself well hydrated and do consult a physician in case the symptoms are persistent. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
People also viewed
- Infant unable to walk what may be the reason
- What could be the reason for hurting knees
- What could be the reason for unable to pee
- Hiccups after sinus surgery
- Feeling hot but no temperature
- Hiatal hernia beer
- Nutricia peg feeding
- What could be the reason of tragus hurting
- Reasons for being unable to walk
- Hi there i have a marble sized lump that is firm and moves
- Hi i have a white yellow bump on my tonsils and has been the
- Funny feelings in stomach
- Reason for feeling light headed
- Hands feeling hot
- Hiatal hernia increased heart rate