Muscles are hurting and unable to walk. What could be the reason?
User rating for this question
i got the flu then all my muscles starting to hurt really bad, i can barley walk and have no strength, this has XXXXXXX going on for a week.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is post viral myalgia. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. After a viral infection, the generalized pain in the muscles is a common finding. This happens due to post viral myalgia. This is a self limiting illness. The spontaneous improvement is seen in 3-4 weeks. For symptomatic relief, you can start taking a mild pain killer like ibuprofen after the meals three times a day. Taking a hot shower will also help in decreasing the muscle spasms. Keep yourself well hydrated and do consult a physician in case the symptoms are persistent. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
People also viewed
- Infant unable to walk what may be the reason
- What could be the reason for hurting knees
- Duphaston tablet once or twice in a day
- Hard lump in side hip
- Exhaustion 2 days post op hysterectomy
- What could be the reason for unable to pee
- Hard immobile lipoma leg
- Hard knot under skin on temple
- Phenobarbital and cystitis
- Hard knot on head turns soft
- What could be the reason of tragus hurting
- Taken deviry for 5 days and still no periods
- Reasons for being unable to walk
- How to treat a hard seroma
- Is it normal to urinate the day of the embryo transfer