Muscle weakness, eye pressure, numbness, back pain, memory loss, done MRI, nerve conduction, treatment for fibromyalgia

I recently have had a c spine mri of the brain view show large and small white spots all over my head...they look like rocks to me

I have had several other issues going on which prompted my doctors to send for an mri; for 2 years she was treating me for Fibromyalgia however recent symptoms has caused her to believe that was a mis diagnosis. Muscle weakness in my hands, intense pressure behind my right eye (bulging-air feeling) numbness, tingling , pain burning sensation in my back and feet. Nerve conduction showed tarsal tunnel in my feet so far....memory loss is most concerning and scary to me. 32 yr old female.......could go on ......
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later

The cause of white spots on the MRI of brain can only be diagnosed after looking at the reports. You can upload the images of the reports in the right side of the query box, which after going through would help me in suggesting you better.

Please do confirm by writing here about the uploading of the photo as to suggest you at the earliest.
I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after going through the reports.

Pressure behind right eye and loss of memory are most likely related to a brain pathology.

Muscle weakness in the hand may be because of pressure on the cervical nerves. Proper investigations are required for diagnosis under the guidance of your physician.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your MRI reports.

Follow-up: Muscle weakness, eye pressure, numbness, back pain, memory loss, done MRI, nerve conduction, treatment for fibromyalgia 53 minutes later
I only have copies from the scans as it was only done on wednesday I havent heard anything from Dr. as of yet, I guess no news is good news or maybe not....

as I read the bottom of one of the scans I noticed this statement
posdip T2

I only ask because of all the systoms..and the was soo many spots it took me back both large and small...

The brain will show some white spots on the scan correct some will be large and circular in appearance, right?

on another note, you know the scan they take of the back of the head and you can see a clear pic of the head and spine back view...well you can see the chest cavity from this view their is a white dis organized uh mass here almost like an air pockekt the rest of the area is clear and not cloudy but this area on the right clearly is either air or something else?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

It is very difficult to interpret an MRI based on laymen's description. I hope you understand it.
The white areas are indicative of the bony areas and the black areas are the soft tissue shadows.

You have reported of weakness in the limbs with tingling and burning sensation. Your doctors would be interested in looking for possible cervical root nerve compressions on the MRI cervical spine. Any abnormal findings in the brain is probably incidental.

I am sorry if I have not given you a complete picture of your problem. It would be extremely difficult to give an opinion without the scan reports. I am afraid you will have to wait for the reports to know the diagnosis.

Hope this answer is adequate.

Wishing you an early recovery.