Muscle twitches all over the body, mostly in forehead. Are these symptoms of MS / brain tumor ?

Hi, i have had muscle twitches lately all over my body but the most annoying is my forehead. It twitches all days long for the past few months. It twitches so hard that it is visible and everyone always asks me what is going on with my face, it looks like my whole forehead actually moves up and down. in addition to this, my thigh muscles twitch, my arm muscles, my back muscles and a lot of other random places. all mostly where muscles are. I have read somewhere that this can be the beginning stages of MS or a brain tumor?? Please tell me what this could be and how i can fix it. thank you!!
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Twitches are due to abnormal firing of the nerves supplying them or firing in the brain representing the specific muscle.

Since you have generalized twitches I would not consider it to be due to any local tumour in the brain.Also a generalized involvement of brain producing such twitches are rare except in initial stages of Multiple sclerosis. Also such problems are seen due to generalized nerve weakness which happens due deficiency of Vit B12.

I suggest you to undergo a Nerve conduction studies and a Vit B12 level assessed the both above tests will give a detailed insight into your problem based on which a specific management can be planned.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.