Muscle surrounding urethra is torn. Any serious problem?

Question
Hi, I'm a 26 year old female. I guess I have anterior urethral stricture and urethra is almost touch my vagine. I feel no pain or irritation while passing urine. I found it two days back and I haven't had a check up with a doctor. I'm too much disturbed because of this. Is this very serious and should be treated immediately? Please reply. Let me provide little more information ..its not anterior urethral stricture..sorry I'm wrong.Its the muscle surrounding urethra (external) .... the muscle is torn and urethra is now less surrounded by muscles .. its almost near to vagina.
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Its highly unlikely for the surrounding urethral muscle to tear without a reason. For me it seems to be like a Urethral polyp. Urethral caruncle, urethral prolapse or urethral mucocoele is usually seen after vaginal delivery, if there is damage to surrounding urethral area. Othrwise its highly impossible to see these conditions without a provoking history.
As you are not having any symptoms, you can ignore this problem. If you still need reassurance you can visit an OBGY specialist and get yourself examined. And also you can take a picture of that area and upload to XXXXXXX and it will be helpful to come to a conclusion.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Muscle surrounding urethra is torn. Any serious problem? 18 hours later
Hi doctor .. Thanks for your reply. I checked again and its the sphincter muscle that has split vertically (lengthwise). Is it because of wearing tight pants and sitting long time? I don't know. Is it a serious problem? Should I check immediately? Will it get joined like before with any medication or any surgery needed. As of now I don't experience any pain or problem. But I'm so much worried and depressed. I'm not able to concentrate in anything. Will this lead to any other serious problem? Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Its almost impossible for the urethral sphincter muscle to tear because of wearing tight pants or by sitting for long time. Sphincteric tear will occur only after traumatic delivery or traumatic sexual intercourse. If you are not having any symptoms and if the skin tag is small, I feel you can ignore this. Usually it wont cause any future problem. And to tell you, its little difficult to come to a serious conclusion without being examined you clinically. Rather than getting anxious, kindly get examined by an OBGY specialist.
From your history I feel its not an emergency issue which needs to be addressed urgently. And regarding the skin tag, it always be removed surgically, medications are no use in this case.
If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Muscle surrounding urethra is torn. Any serious problem? 30 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. I'm bit relieved. Just I have a couple of questions before I close this discussion.

1) What is the treatment for such kind of muscle tear? Is it a major surgery?
2) Can I continue to do my yoga exercises? - NB: I usually don't feel any kind of pain while doing exercises / after that.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thank you for the follow up question.
1)Small muscle or skin tags can be left alone, they usually wont affect your future sexual life, or future child bearing. It needs surgical correction if at all you have any urinary complaints or only for cosmetic reasons. Its not a major surgery, small skin tags can be removed under local anesthesia as an OPD(out patient) procedure. As I told you earlier its difficult to confirm the diagnose with just history.
2)Yes of course you can continue doing your exercises.
Hope your doubts are cleared. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW