Muscle stiffness, swollen veins that pain. Is this because of dust allergy? Neurobion good?

Hi, Im 36 years old, last 2 months facing problem of muscle stiffness, It will not all day long but suddenly starts in any part of my body, I can see my swallon blood vein and its starts paining ..till I take any pain killer.
One of my friends advise me to take Neurobion forte tablets twice a day..Doc, pls advise me what should I do.
I m alergic with dust and was suffering from cold for that i took doc advice and he said I hv this body pain caz of cold and fever. But now Im okie and still facing this muscle pain problem last 15 days.
All this starts whn I went for vacation and done mountain tracking all this pain and cold started form there itself.
My life style is Im working and work for 8-9 hours infront of computer. No excerise or house hold working. My height is 152 cm and weight is 68kg. I love to eat Chicken and also drink 3-4 days in a week appox 60 ml.
Please help me.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 31 minutes later

The symptoms you describe probably could be due to post viral myalgia. It is seen in patients who have suffered from a bad viral infection. It can last for 18 to 24 weeks in some people. Sometimes it is even associated with joint pain.

I suggest you get the following tests done to rule out other causes: Complete blood picture with Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR), total Creatinine Kinase (CPK), c- reactive protein and Antinuclear antibody (ANA). These tests along with a detailed examination by an immunologist can help us to rule out any active inflammation that could be still happening in your body.

In the mean time, please follow these tips which will help you cope better

1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Avoid alcohol.
3. Eat lots of fruits as these will help build your immunity and act as antioxidant.
4. like running, cycling. This will help improve your stamina.

Hope I have answered your query; if you have no further follow up queries please accept my answer

I wish you a speedy recovery.

With regards