Muscle spasm, cough and felt blocked throat. Have acid reflux problem. What is going on?

Hi doctor,

After I finished my workout today.
As I was driving home.

I started to cough, tingling/ticklish feeling in back of throat and for brief moments I felt like my throat closed and my airways were blocked.

I couldn't breathe for about 1 to 2 seconds.

This happened on and off for about 5 to 10 minutes.

My last blood work was about 1.5 months ago.

Everything was good except my vitamin d levels were low and my red blood cell count was a little high.

I do have acid reflux issues.

It seems as my breathing is not as good as it should be right now.
I have been experiencing random muscle spams, twitching and tingling sensations all over my body.
Also random minor ab pain.

What can you tell me.

Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The short episodes of shortness of breath is indicative of Hyperreactive airways and tingling in throat may be a part of it or it may be an upper respiratory infection due to virus/bacteria which is so common phenomenon.
Decongestant preparations and gargles are so helpful in these conditions.
You can get the over the counter medicines like Sinarest/Wikoryl which contains Chlorpheniramine+pseudoephedrine+paracetamol.
You should maintain a clean oral health, brush twice a day and do chlorhexidine mouth gargles thrice a day and avoid eating any edibles during ensuing 2 hours to ensure good germicidal effect of chlorhexidine; Do warm saline gargles after you take anything orally.
Take these medicines under the supervision of a local clinician. Also get physical examination to rule out bronchial asthma.
The acid reflux and dyspeptic symptoms need a treatment from gastroenterologist after a personal visit and physical examination.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!