Muscle pain, undergoing physiotherapy, scan and blood test normal. What treatment to undergo?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, my mom is suffering from muscle pain in the hands and legs , she is undergoing with Physiotherapy exercise but still there is so symptom of relief to her in the pain .. we got scanned the hands and legs but report says no symptom of problem in the bones and even blood test and other basic test was done and everything is normal, pls suggest what kind of treatment she has to undergo so that it will cure soon .. I put up in Bangalore, R.T.Nagar , so pls suggest for some good doctors or clinic also.

Thanks in advance..!!!

Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Persistent muscle pain in hands and legs can be due to multiple causes at this age the commonest being poly arthralgia. Other causes can be rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc. For proper diagnosis, some of the blood tests are advisable like-
1. Serum calcium levels.
2. Serum Uric acid levels.
3. RA factor
4. ESR and CRP
5. Serum Creatinine
6. X-ray of affected joints.
She needs a thorough clinical examination followed by investigations under the guidance of an orthopedician.
Till then for symptomatic relief, she can take over the counter analgesics along with proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole, do hot fomentation and apply local analgesic gel on the affected areas.
To find a good Orthopedician nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.