Muscle pain after taking Nexium. Have been taking Prilosex. Is the side effect from Nexium?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I started taking a generic Nexium (Nexpro-40) about a month ago. For the past week or so I have been experiencing muscle bad that I can hardly move on the tennis court. I have been taking Prilosec for the past 17 years and have never had this kind of side effect. Is it from the Nexpro?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 44 minutes later
Myalgia or muscle pain is one of the comm on side effects of nexpro- esomeprazole. In case the muscle pain is causing you a considerable discomfort so as to hinder your daily activities, then switching the drug for other options like ocid, pantodac or Lanzol will be helpful.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.