Multiple swollen lymph node in same place. Sign of HIV?

i know that one of the symptoms of HIV is generalised swollen lymph nodes , does that mean it has to be in different places like XXXXXXX , armpit groin . or just multiple lymph swollen in same place is enough ?? i have in XXXXXXX only maybe 3 swollen but not seen only one of them is slightly seen .
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 41 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.
The early HIV infection is characterized by persistent generalised lymphadenopathy.
The term itself is explanatory.
"Lymphadenopathy" is characterized by reactive hyperplasia of lymph nodes (swelling of lymph nodes)
"Persistent" means of at least 1 month's duration
and "generalised "meaning at two different body sites, (not including the inguinal area) in patients infected with the human immunodeficiency virus.

Size of the lymph node is not usually a criteria but >1.5 cm size is significant.

As in your case only one area is affected there is least likely to be related to HIV.
Also I would like to know-
Do you have any other sign or symptoms?
Did you had an unprotected sexual exposure?
Have you been tested for HIV?

Answer the questions and we can continue the discussion here.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: Multiple swollen lymph node in same place. Sign of HIV? 3 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX ,

i had unprotected sex 20 days ago ( twice in same day with same lady) vaginal sex ( inserted my penis in her vigina) . after 10 days i noticed swolled lymph in my right side XXXXXXX so i started to worry and surf the net . i got so paniced after that i felt dizzy then i had hemorrhage in my left eye . i made cbc and sonar ( attached the two results .
after that i had one ulcer on my lip for 2 days now but it started to be dry now .
are those signs that i have HIV +ve ?? today i made PCR test and P24 test hiv1 and hiv2 are those two test ok within 20 days of possible exposure ?

please answer all my question as im so worried.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
Oral ulcer can be a symptom of HIV but it occurs in late stage.Moreover oral ulcer in HIV are persistent XXXXXXX , painful.They are not responsive to usual treatment.
Hemorrhage in eye is not related to HIV any way.
My experience says that the HIV does not manifest as early as in your case.
The P24 and PCR test are very dependable.
It is good that you have undergone these test.
P24 is very much dependable in early stages.
Negative test will rule out HIV.
Keep me informed about the results of these tests.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Multiple swollen lymph node in same place. Sign of HIV? 20 minutes later
thank you . but what do u think about my ly and surely i will inform u about the results of the testmph report is it to worry about for those swollen.nodes and are their size ibdicates some thing . ??
thanx again and surely i will inform u about the result of the tests . is pcr as effective as p24 ?

plz look into my lymph report and tell me what do u think
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Hi again,
the reports uploaded by you ,The CBC blood report is absolutely normal.
The USG report for neck lympnodes shows reactive lymphadenopathy which can occur in many other infections apart from HIV.
Any bacterial or viral infection of upper respiratory tract can give rise to such lymphadenopathy.
A course of oral antibiotics for 7 days is worth trying.It may resolve the lymph node swelling early.
Hope this helps.