Multiple, small, pink skin patches on thigh, not itching, not raised, movable

i have multiple pink small patches of skin on my upper inner thigh that dont itch or raised at all. ive had it on and off for about 3 years. they also move around. what could it be?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 10 minutes later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

What you're describing sounds like a very mild form of a skin fungal Infection. Fungal infections of the skin typically appear as red or very light pink patches. They are often not associated with any significant degree of itching or pain. They tend to come and go from time to time and are sometimes associated with excessive amounts of heat or sweating.

There is an over-the-counter medication which you could try in order to help minimize the spread of any of these. This over-the-counter cream is called Clotrimazole. This is generally very readily available at any local pharmacy.

If this doesn't help, you would suggest you see Dermatologist for physical evaluation of the lesion.

I hope you found my response to be helpful informative and reassuring. If you have any additional concerns, I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert