Mucus in stool, abdominal pain, muscle & joint pain, weakness. Should i get worried?

I have a XXXXXXX fuzz on stool. On the one and only solid bowel movement in days other wise it is runny or just bloody mucous like matter. I cannot move around much or there is intense severe abdominal pain. I have had a few severe attacks this months. I did talk to my doctor but as I am dealing with a lot of extreme muscle pain cramping seizing and joint pain/ weakness he did not pay ant attention to these attacks and bowel movements. Should I be worried and pushing for more attention to this from my doctor ? Help please.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query.

By the description given you seem to have an inflammatory disease involving the muscles and the skeletal system. Associated history of seizures raises the possibility of a mitochondrial disorder

However it can also be a combination of things like a connective tissue disorder associated with electrolyte and mineral deficiency.

The only infective condition that could explain everything is the cysticercosis.

Bowel problems described could be the manifestation of the primary disease itself or an associated immune disorder like an inflammatory bowel disease or an after effect of the drugs and the deficiencies caused by the disease.

I would suggest you to get a stool examination on three consecutive days, a fasting TSH, Vit B12 and a bone profile.
Discuss with your muscle specialist regarding the possibilities of mitochondrial disease and mixed connective tissue disorder.