Mucus discharge from rectum, torn skin and whiteheads in groin. STD?

Hi there, I am a 33 year old healthy caucasian male. Lately I have been having some issues in my groin area. I must start off by stating that for the past few weeks, a mucous has been coming out of the rectal region and leaving wet areas all over in my boxers, specifically in the groin area. Now I have fund that the skin has torn in areas as well as I have a bunch of whitehead type bumps all in that area.

Do I need to be concerned about an STD or is this more of an issue from chafing because of the bacteria that was sitting in these areas?
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 38 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
The most common causes for mucus rectal discharge are benign. Anyway, serious pathology is sufficiently likely to warrant though examination. There are a few conditions that can cause rectal mucus discharge. Common are hemorrhoids, anal fissures, rectal prolepses, proctitis or sometime worm infestation.
It will be better if you mention is it associated with itching.
I advice you to take dose albendazole an anthelmentic single dose is sufficient. I also advice you to keep the area dry as much as possible, you can use dusting powder and also avoid using tight undergarments.
I advice you to follow this for 1 to 3 days and if the symptom persists or the intensity increases i advice you to see physician for examination and for exact diagnosis.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Mucus discharge from rectum, torn skin and whiteheads in groin. STD? 10 minutes later
Thank you for your response. Are the bumps (look like whitehead pimples) common in chafing or is this something to be concerned about?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 28 minutes later
Good to hear from you.
As mentioned above it is difficult to predict without examination. I think it might be due to increased moistness and unknowingly you might have scratched it. I advice you to follow the conservative approach as mentioned above you should be fine.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.