Mucus discharge from butt. Cause?

There is a lot of mucus like substance that comes from my lovers butt. he is a XXXXXXX male and to be honest it mostly represents cum but he insists that it isnt. What else could it be? Also since he is a bottom he cleans out his bowls 1-3 times a day.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later

Small amount of mucus like discharge coming from butt is normal. This is due to the mucosal discharge from rectal mucosa.

Presence of visible amounts of mucus could be from one of several different diseases or conditions.
1. Mucus from rectum with frequent bowel movement is a common symptom of IBS) and ulcerative colitis, and is seen to a lesser degree in Crohn's disease.
2. Bacterial infection
3. Anal fissure
4. Bowel obstruction may also cause the passage of mucus.

A per rectal examination and few blood tests are entailed to rule the above medical conditions. Please suggest your friend to visit his physician.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Mucus discharge from butt. Cause? 3 hours later
The substance is mucus like could it be from douching too often? Mucus from anus would be equal to mucos or snot from the sinuses? would it look the same? What Im seeing looks much more like cum. But because he insists it isnt cum Id rather look into this than cause friction on the other hand Im concerned about safe sex with my partner if he is out having unprotected sex with other people.

Thank you for your advise and expertise in advance
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Mucus will look like the mucus from sinuses. If it is more liquefied then it can be cum. Frequent douching does not cause a lumpy mucus . Slight clear mucus may be there.
It is best to use a condom to prevent yourself from infections.
Wishing you an early recovery.