Movement in stomach, stops and starts. What could it be?

hello doctor , for a month or so i have been feeling like a movement in my stomach as if something is moving about i dont know what this is it will move for a couple of seconds then stop and can do up to 6 six times a day could you help please
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The occasional feeling of movement in your stomach is likely to be due to intestinal gases or a periodic dysmotility of the intestines. It is triggered by the food you have had or the way you have eaten. Fatty and XXXXXXX foods, too much alcohol, eating late at night, and eating on the go make it difficult for the stomach to function properly.This might enhance such movements.
Please do not worry as it is not likely to be due to any gut pathology. Being careful in choosing your diet, having plenty of fluids and fresh vegetables daily with small servings at frequent intervals will take care of your symptoms.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.