Movement in back near rib cage and shoulder bone, like a string pulling. Any explanation?

I have movement in my left back near the rib cage and shoulder bone. Hard to explain the feel. Maybe like pulling a string under the skin or maybe like a worm would feel if able to move under the skin. Really weird. Any explanation except I am crazy. Which I really do not think I am.
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 minutes later

I do get the description provided and understand that the abnormal feeling you have could be due to a blood vessel disease or a twitch in twisted muscle fibres in the back.

I suggest you to get your back massaged once and observe if the sensation is gone then it would ascertain my consideration.

If there is no relief with massage which relaxes the muscles and improves the circulation in the veins .I would suspect the problem to be with the nerves.

Do go for a massage and get back to me if no relief , we shal have a discussion over it.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.