Movable painless lump in the groin area after injury. Blood test report normal. Anything to be worried?

I have a lump , soft and painless and movable in the groin area. It is actually in the area of pubic hair and not exactly in the crease. I had a blood test done and everything came out negative for infections. I was doing a lot of biking ( stationery) spinning classes and actually injured the very area that is affected. Is it possible that I damaged a lymph node in the process of this. I really hurt that area badly. I am not tired, sick or have night sweats or fevers.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later
A soft movable painless lump in the area of pubic hair after an injury is likely to be a soft tissue swelling due to the localised tissue injury and bleeding. A damaged lymph node is not likely to swell up. Rather an intact lymph node can show such a swelling due to an infection in the leg or foot.
If the swelling is due to injury, then it is likely to resolve on its own in 3-4 weeks.
If it is a swollen lymph node then a fine needle aspiration cytology needs to be done to know the cause of swelling. Other likely possibilities are a sebaceous cyst or a lipoma.
A direct examination is needed to differentiate these. I suggest you to see your doctor for localised examination of the lump. You may plan the necessary procedure after discussing with him.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.