Mouth and skin contact with vaginal fluids, hugging, kissing. HIV?

Hello Doctor,

Recently I met a girl with unknown status. I didn't have a sex with her but we hugged each other with clothes on and did a closed-mouth kiss on the other’s body. I don’t remember how long I did it. During such kind of foreplay, my finger rubbed her panties, not vagina itself. I just touched outside part of her panties. After that, I felt that her panties were somewhat wet. I guess it was because of vaginal fluids.

Stupid thing I did was I licked her wet panties for one second, not vagina itself. Her panty was not drenched, but some wet.

Can I get HIV?

Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

For HIV transmission to occur, blood to blood or mucosa to mucosa contact is necessary.

In your case, there was no direct contact of your oral mucosa to her vaginal mucosa. So you need not worry about getting an HIV infection on such a mild contact.

But if you have a really hard luck then nothing can be said with 100% surety. There are minimal chances of infection but it cannot be ruled out for sure.

Be careful next time.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.