Mother of 3. Having chronic pain in pelvic bones and lower back

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am a 46 yr old female, mother of having chronic pain in pelvic bones and lower back...6-8 months now?
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be disc bulge or osteomalacia

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

According to your symptoms due to lumbar disc bulge there can be compression of this nerve root leading to pain in back and pelvis. MRI spine and pelvis screening will help in diagnosis.
Another differential for pelvic pain can be osteomalacia which is very common in females and also common after pregnancy.
I will advise to do x XXXXXXX pelvis AP view and blood investigation for vit D level and serum calcium level.

If lumbar disc confirmed then for these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started.
Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief.
Core stabilizing spine exercises will help.
For osteomalacia you need calcium and vitamin D supplement with bed rest.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.