Morning sickness, tiredness, pressure in pelvic area, spotting, condom breakage, taken Gardasil, done blood test. Pregnant?

can i be pregnant. i am 17 had regular cycles every 25 days. my last normal one was July 18. on the 15 of Aug i only spotted for 3 day now it is Sept 8 and all i have is spotting. i did have the gardasil shot on the 10 of Aug., i am 5'3" and weight 110 lb. my boyfreind did wear a condom but we had a few break and fall off. i did have a blood test on the aug 26 but it said neg but i still have symptoms of pregnancy. morning sickness tiredness and some pressure in pelvic area
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Teen Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later

The chances of your being pregnant are high.

Mild spotting can happen on your expected date of periods even if you are pregnant- this is implantation bleeding.

The first and foremost possibility for missed periods is pregnancy.

For delayed periods, firstly you need to test the pregnancy status by doing a urine for pregnancy test for which kits are readily available in market.

Use a morning sample of urine and presence of two lines means a positive test. This test is confirmative of pregnancy and is rarely false positive.

The signs and symptoms you are having are also suggestive of pregnancy.
Alternately you can consult a gynecologist immediately who will do a serum beta hcg test (more specific than urine test) and a pelvic ultrasound to confirm or rule out pregnancy.

If pregnancy is ruled out and periods don’t come then the other causes may include hormonal imbalance due to taking the birth control pills or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.