Morning dizziness & sweating, vomiting sensation, light headed. What could cause this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
my girlfriend woke up feeling dizzy sweating and about to vomit i want to know what is wrong and very light headed it stoped and now is doing it again! every time she gets up she feels dizzy like she is about to faint
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 34 minutes later
Hi there.

Does she have fever. abdominal pain, diarrhea ?

Did she consume any new kind of food or at a new restaurant ?

When was the time she had her last meal ?

Does her hand show any tremors ?

Is she a diabetic or on any kind of medication at all ?

There could be many causes for this clinical presentation. Common causes include less blood sugar due to dieting possibly, diabetes, dehydration, un-diagnosed pregnancy, food poisoning, gastro-intestinal infection etc. The condition could be serious as a ruptured appendix as well so kindly do not hesitate in getting her the best care available.

It would be best to get her to the Emergency Room to look for the possible cause and to stabilize her as well before the right management of this condition can be started.

Kindly do keep her well hydrated with juice or home-available fluids. Avoid sodas. Give her some food to eat. Elevate her feet to about 45 degrees, with her lying on her back. Do get her to the nearest Emergency Room for immediate care.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Morning dizziness & sweating, vomiting sensation, light headed. What could cause this? 16 minutes later
my girlfriend said she had diarrhea !

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 4 minutes later
Hi there.

Nausea and diarrhea appear to be symptoms of gastro-intestinal infection or food poisoning.

Keep her well hydrated to avoid dehydration. She can have a XXXXXXX of Oral Rehydration Solution by the WHO, which is available at a Pharmacy. It should be dissolved in a litre of previously boiled water and let her drink as much as she wants.

It would be best to get her to the Emergency Room if she is not improving in a few hours as dehydration can be XXXXXXX

Kindly do follow up with her condition to me.

Wishing speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Morning dizziness & sweating, vomiting sensation, light headed. What could cause this? 5 minutes later
she just told me she feels super dizzy had diarrhea and felt like she wanted to vomit and even sweating
Follow-up: Morning dizziness & sweating, vomiting sensation, light headed. What could cause this? 2 hours later
Hello did you get my question??

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 4 hours later
Hi there.

I understand your concern. She is in a very uncomfortable state.

She may be experiencing toxic symptoms due to possible gastro-intestinal infection. The dizziness could be due to dehydration she is experiencing. The sweating could be due to infection or possibly low blood sugar. Kindly hydrate her with fresh fruit juice as a trial.

As I have mentioned, kindly keep her well hydrated and get her to the Emergency room.

Please do not hesitate. Get her immediate medical attention.

Wishing speedy recovery.

Regards.