More tests required if urine culture and sensitivity test are normal?
User rating for this question
Hi doc in reference to my previous discussions with you regarding the semen analysis I did my urine culture ans sensitivity test. The result came out with yielded no growth. Pls advise should I carry on with any further tests.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 2 days later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic again! Good that your report came normal. Addition to my previous answer to you, sperms without tails may appear as pus cells in the semen in some cases. Moreover, bacteria present on the skin can easily contaminate a semen sample, which can also show as an infection. So, I want you to stay reassured. However, if this is still worrying you, repeat the semen analysis with semen culture and also get tested for STDs like chlamydia and gonorrhea, by consulting your family physician. Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.
Follow-up: More tests required if urine culture and sensitivity test are normal? 2 hours later
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 29 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank You for follow up! I personally do not suspect particular kind of STD in you based on all the available information by you. However, to get you reassurance, you may need STD screening of commonly occurred infections. Advise on what tests are required, can be given based on physical examination findings. Generally, chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis are commonly occurring infections. So, better to get tested for them based on your history of exposure. Discuss this with your family physician as well, so that he can add few more tests, based on personal and sexual history along with physical examination findings. Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.
People also viewed
- Reading urine culture test
- Treatment and cure for significant urinary retention
- Morganella morganii growth in sperm
- Urine culture test report
- Skin growths in pelvic area
- Urine for moustache growth
- Meaning of the urine culture test results
- Insignificant growth and urinary problem
- What does a urine culture test for
- Treatment and cure for rheumatoid arthritis factor
- Treatment and cure for broken bone spur
- Moderate growth of streptococcus b
- Treatment and cure for follicular mycosis fungoides
- Klebsiella in infants urine culture test
- Treatment and cure for progressive diabetic retinopathy