More bowel movements due extra saliva production?

Can producing extra amounts of salvia make you have more bowel movements?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 11 minutes later

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Hyper-salivation and increased bowel movements are both symptoms of cholinergic nervous system inactivation.

Hypersalivation may itself not be enough to alter bowel movements. It rather would depend on why hyper-salivation was caused in the first place, if due to the above reason then, increased bowel movements also accompany as an additional effect but not due to excess saliva per se.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.