Moody around menstrual time and has cramps. Lynoral?

Question
what is a good first time pill for a teenager- she is very moody around her menstral time and has cramps bad. Was told of Lynoral but have not heard of it?
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 31 minutes later
Hi thanks for the asking the query on XXXXXXX

Symptoms which you have mentioned indicate towards premenstrual syndrome for which your patient have been prescribed Lynoral. There are many non-drug measures which are also useful to relieve these symptoms including regular exercise, yoga and stress management.

In drugs, pyridoxine (Vit-B6) has been found to be useful for moody symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome. In hormonal drugs combined oral contraceptive pills for 3-6 cycles are also very useful for these type of symptoms.

Good Luck.
Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you had any further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Moody around menstrual time and has cramps. Lynoral? 21 minutes later
I would like to know what a good birth control pill would be for my teenage daughter who is very moody and has cramps at the onset and during her period? And what is Lynoral?

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 29 hours later

Apologies for the late reply, I got stuck somewhere yesterday for the whole day.

A good birth control pill is one which contains both estrogen and progesterone. Many preparations are available in the market which are low dose oral contraceptive pills and contains estrogen 0.03 mg and progesterone (levonorgesterol/desogestrel 0.15 mg). You can choose anyone among these.

Lynoral is estorgen only pill and it does not contain progesterone.

Good Luck.
If you had any other queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW