Monist medication to treat rectal yeast infection

Can you use monist at for rectal yeast infection?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Yes, you can use monist to cure rectal yeast infection.

Usually it happens after a course of antibiotics.

Other than this, you can have probiotics, yoghurt and garlic for an earlier relief.

If the symptoms do not subside in a week, then other oral antifungal agents might be needed to be prescribed by your gynaecologist.

If still there is no relief then other causes of rectal itching need to be ruled out.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Monist medication to treat rectal yeast infection 1 hour later
I had bad hemroids and was taking a lot of the ointmet medications several times a day for about a week could this be the cause - no antibiotics no intercourse no other medications no changes sit baths with ebson salt and just care to my hemroids
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

It is unlikely to have a rectal yeast infection after hemorrhoids when you have been doing sitz bath with ebson salt.

Usually it is seen after taking a course of antibiotics.

The itching you are having might be due to the dryness of skin due to warm sitz bath or the healing haemorrhoids might also cause itching.

You need to reconsider your diagnosis.

If it is due to healing haemorrhoids then a local steriod (cortisone) based antiseptic cream will be more helpful.

You can apply vaseline to overcome the dryness.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you an early recovery.