Mole on nose with a lump inside same nostril. Related?

Hi...I'm a 58 year old female, 130lbs with good medical history. I have a small mole on my nose, present for over one year. I now notice a lump inside same nostril. Could they be related? Thanks Melody
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Thanks for the query

A mole which has not changed in size, shape, color and does not have hair in the centre is most likely to be a harmless one.

The lump inside your nose could be a hypertrophied turbinate (a part of the inner nose)which is not related to the mole

But if you have family history of skin cancer kindly visit a dermatologist for an opinion and an examination.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further follow up questions please accept my answer

Wish you good health