Mole looking like blood blister on thigh, no itching, no bleeding, no ulceration, no pain. Nodular melanoma?

I am a 29 yr old white female. About a year and a half ago I noticed a small raised mole on my right thigh inwards. It is very small, maybe only 1 mm, dark brown, round, and not as squishy as some of my other moles I am not sure if it was there before then or not. I recall thinking it looked like a dark blood blister. It does not itch, bleed, nor is it ulcerated. I have no pain or tenderness anywhere. I have not been to the dermatologist in two years. I do not believe it has gotten any bigger. If this were a nodular melanoma and it has been present for at least a year and a half, would it have changed by now or caused any other symptoms I have read it is very progressive. I have a two year old son and just had a baby girl on Wedsneday and I am so scared that since I didn't go to the dermatologist last year that it is going to be something bad. It's the same size as other moles on my body, just firmer. I am so scared I can barely sleep!!! I have an appointment with my dermatologist in 3 weeks. Please help. I don't know if I can stand to wonder too much more for 3 weeks.

Thank you
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 12 hours later

Thank you for posting the query.

You have provided with good information regarding your health concern and it is indeed a very good description of the mole. I appreciate it.

You are absolutely right regarding the Melanoma part. Usually a mole when it changes in texture, size or associated with symptoms like itching and pain or even ulcerate, then we need to rule out the possibility of it turning into a Melanoma.

Since in your case there are no such changes, I don't think you need to worry at all.

But I can suggest you better if you can send me a close up picture of the lesion (mole). It is also relevant to examine the mole clinically. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize it so that I can answer your queries better.

Awaiting your reply.

Dr.Bharat chawda
Follow-up: Mole looking like blood blister on thigh, no itching, no bleeding, no ulceration, no pain. Nodular melanoma? 10 days later
Also, it really does not look like any pictures of NM I have seen on the Internet.

Thank you so much for responding. After looking through several pictures on the Internet I really don't think it is nm. Plus, I don't think it has changed at all. Here is a link to the picture. WWW.WWWW.WW
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 3 hours later

Thank your for the reply and the picture.

By the look, it doesn't seems to be any kind of irritated mole. So, I don't see any reason for the panic.

In case, you observe any kind of changes as discussed previously, then kindly consult a Dermatologist and get it removed.

Hope, I have answered your query. Should you have additional concerns regarding this issuem I would be happy to address them.

“ Wish you Good Health”.