Mole behind the ear. Biopsy done. Concerned about the cancer chances

I just had a shave biopsy done of a mole behind my left ear. The doctor informed me that the results would arrive within 1-2 weeks, but gave me little other information. She explained what the results might tell me (cancer, infection, nothing), but I feel horrified at the thought of waiting up to 14 days for the results. I've since done some online research to get better informed, but I'm wondering if visiting the emergency room for an additional follow-up would yield quicker results.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Please be calm and relaxed.
A mole is a very common and innocuous skin lesion.
It is prudent to get it biopsied in white skin to rule out cancer.
But, 90% of times a cancer can be predicted on clinical signs like rapid growth, large size, bleeding, pain, variegated colour.
Please be informed that moles are more often benign.

The best way forward is to wait for the report. Emergency room visit is of no use.
Just relax and be ready for good news after a week.