Mistook and consumed blood pressure medicine Lisinopril SP instead of Vitamin pills. Should I be worried?

I accidentally took my husbands blood pressure medicine 10 mg lisinopril sp? thinking it when I was getting my medicine and his ready. I'm 30 yrsold and pretty healthy. I was just taking vitamins but my frolic acid pill is the same shape as his medicine
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 minutes later

Need not worry , one single tablet of 0mg Lisinopril is not harmful. Though it does reduce the BP it will not reduce to an extent where it could be symptomatic.

I would ask you to consume good amount of water and juices .Juices be a added with a pinch of salt which brings up the BP.

As I said there is no serious risk involved and you can relax.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.