Missing periods. What should I do to get periods?

Hi doctor,
My age is 25 and hav 1 yr old kid. This month i missed my period by 5 days.
Am not sure if i'm pregnent. I donot want to be also for now due to family situation.
Pls suggest me some way to get periods ...
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
Since your periods are overdue by 5 days, you need to test your urine to find out if you are actually pregnant or not. You can do a urine test using the kit available at all the pharmacies.
The test can be positive anywhere from about 2-3 days prior to a missed menses to 4-5 days after, but usually it should be done 7-10 days past your missed period. Use a morning sample of urine and two lines means a positive test. To confirm the status of your pregnancy, you can get a serum HCG test done which is more specific than a urine test.
The further treatment depends on the status of your pregnancy. You will have consult your gynecologist for further management and appropriate prescription medicines.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Missing periods. What should I do to get periods? 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply Doctor.

But I really do not want to get Pregnent now.
Bit scared about the situation and stressed.
Even before testing with the kit, is there any possibility to
get periods now?

Kindly advise.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The treatment needed to bring periods is different if you are pregnant and if you are not. You must check your urine first to see if you are pregnant.
There is no single tablet which will work in both the cases.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.