Missing periods. Took cycle norm E and P. Pregnancy test positive. Will the medicine cause any harm to foetus?

May 2013
I had my Last Menstrual Period on 1 Sep. On 13th Oct, I took a pregnancy test and the result was negative. Since I had stomach cramps and didn't get period, I approached a Gynaecologist. She gave me Cycle Norm E and P. I took it for 3 days. On 27th Oct, When i took pregnancy test, It is positive. Now I m concerned that the tablets will have an impact on my foetus. Please confirm what kind of impact Cycle Norm E and P will have on Foetus
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

Sometimes urine pregnancy test kits can give false negative and false positive results.
So now better to go for blood test for pregnancy or ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy.
According to FDA, Norm E and P comes under category X drugs in pregnancy, means studies showed some possible risk to the fetus.
But as you took only 3 tablets there may not be much effect.
So if your pregnancy is confirmed, continue with regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations by this any possible abnormality can be detected early and can be managed accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.