Missing periods. Started spotting, feeling nausea, headaches, fatigue and cramps. Should I go for pregnancy test?

Hi there. I wanted to know if I should have a blood pregnacy test done. My period is two weeks late and I've had many symptoms, including spotting, nausea, headaches, fatigue, cramps and cloudy urine. I have been under a lot of stress and I am on the birth control Microgestin 1/20, so those may be factors. Please help!!
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 9 minutes later
Welcome and thanks for the query

As you are two weeks overdue so you can do pregnancy test at home with kit available OTC.If you are taking pills regularly then chances of pregnancy are less.
The symptoms you have mentioned can be due to side effects of pills.You are having cloudy urine which indicates headache , fatigue and cramps.It is better to get urine complete examination done to see the pus cells.If yes then you have to take a course of antibiotics under doctor's guidance.If you have missed the pills and the test is positive with spotting then you should get an ultrasound done.
Best wishes