Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What should I do to get my periods?

Hi, i am 26 yrs, my periods was suppose to come on 29-31 oct'12, but till now i did not get it. I had test on 4th Nov'12 which was negative. what should i do to get my periods
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Given that your periods are normally regular, the fact that you are two weeks late can be explained by:

1. Pregnancy (but you had a negative test)
2. Absent or irregular ovulation (leads to delayed or absent cycle)

Once pregnancy has been ruled out, one option for "inducing" a period is to get a prescription for progesterone (provera) that you would take (10mg) for 10 days. After you are finished with the medication, the drop in progesterone levels leads to a period.

I hope this helps. Please ask if you have additional questions.