Missing periods. Is there any chances of pregnancy?

Question
I got my last period on July10th usually my period comes between 30 and 40 days.It is 75 days now.Kindly advice whether i am pregnant?
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 17 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX
If previously your periods were regular & now you are getting late, it means you can be pregnant.
For confirmation get your urine pregnancy test done with pregnancy kit available at pharmacy.
However if test comes negative, consult your doctor to take progesterone tablets for withdrawal bleeding & to rule out cause of amenorrhea.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available to solve your further queries.

Dr.Monika

Follow-up: Missing periods. Is there any chances of pregnancy? 7 hours later
Hello Doctor,

I took the home pregnancy test today and it came negative,but i have been having the symptoms of period like breast being heavy coming and going.Kindly advice

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 41 minutes later
Welcome back.
There are many causes of delayed period like pregnancy(that is ruled out),anxiety, stress, hypothyroidism & PCOD.
You are having breast heaviness due to water retention in premenstrual phase.
Consult your doctor to take progesterone tablets for withdrawal bleeding & get investigated for TSH, Random blood sugar & FSH, LH level.
It is banned to prescribe dose & dosage on line, so I can not prescribe you dose of progesterone.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.

Dr.Monika Choudhary

Follow-up: Missing periods. Is there any chances of pregnancy? 1 hour later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for the reply.If i make my periods regular will i get my pregnancy confirm if i have a regular sex,because i got married on dec2008,for 2 years we were in planning i.e i didnt take any of the tablets just we did not have sex.from 2010 middle we started,but we didnt have it frequent...i dont have thyroid because i have tested it,but I have more family pressure and i am working too and i get depressed more often.Now my only hope is that i should get conceived and give birth to a baby..kindly advice me can it be done if i am happy and having positive thoughtsand stressful mind.I have decided to quit my job too..

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 18 minutes later
There are 15-20% chances of getting pregnant if you have sex in fertile period.
Suppose your periods are regular of 30 days,ovulation occurs 14 days before your due date; so have intercourse on 11, 13, 15, 17& 19th day of your cycle to get maximum result.
Be happy & enjoy your married life.
All The Best.

Follow-up: Missing periods. Is there any chances of pregnancy? 7 minutes later
oh thanks doctor

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
If you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion by rating it.
Thank you.