Missing periods. Have tender breast, swollen and hard abdomen. HPT negative. What's wrong?

My last period was in the middle of September 2012 and nothing after that. My lower abdomen seems swollen and hard, when i touch it. I have had a few (3-4) dizzy spells from September up to now. I have taken two pregnancy tests and they have both been negative. However for the last week my breasts have been tender to the touch, I have no spotting but due get a slight pain to sharp pain when my bladder is full or i bend over, i.e. to touch my ankles. I don't know what's wrong. Also my period has never been regular. But this is the longest it has been for me to miss my period.
Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later
If the pregnancy test is negative then that can safely be ruled out. That leaves hormonal and pathological causes for the amenorrhea.You need to get some blood tests done for hormone profile.LH,FSH,PROLACTIN,TSH,DHEAS AND TESTASTERONE.
Along with the blood tests and ultrasound is necessary.Hypothyroidism and PCOS (polycystic ovaries) need to be rule out. First and foremost a pelvic examination is in order.Since your periods have in irregular in the past,chances of hormonal imbalance is there.If such is the case,you may need medication to regularise your periods.