Missing periods. HPT negative. Took unwanted tablet. What should I do?

Sep 2012

Doctor i m 22yrs old, married. last month i did't get my period on the right date. I waited for 10 days.. I did a Pregnancy test.. It showed negative. The I went to a medical shop and explained my problem. They gave me UNWANTED tablet. This month my period date is 6th still i did't get my period. I checked my pregnancy before 4 days but it showed negative. now what should i do ????
Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 30 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, I do not understand one basic point that is, being an educated woman why you have gone to a medicine store for treatment? Do you think that is better than a qualified doctor?

Secondly, from the history, the condition sounds like irregular menstruation. In this age group, it may be an alarming condition like polycystic ovarian syndrome.

So, you should not neglect this.

First do an ultrasound scan of whole abdomen to rule out any abnormality. Then consult with a gynecologist for clinical examination, for prescribing progesterone group of drug for inducing menstruation and for further management according to the reports of other investigations.

One more thing, in this condition, drugs like unwanted is avoided due to development of further complications like delayed period, hormonal imbalance created by the side effects.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.