Missing periods. HPT and blood test negative. Having calf pain and swollen feet. What could be wrong?

May 2013
I'm 20 days late I've taken several hpts and a blood test all negative. Having slight cramping calfs and ankles feel swollen. What could be wrong?
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 30 minutes later

the possible causes for delay in periods are,

-recent illness, recent weight change, low body fat, stress and strain etc can lead to delayed periods by affecting hypothalamo-pituitary-ovarian axis.

-general problems like anemia and hypoprotenemia etc can also lead to menstrual irregularity, they can also cause edema of ankles etc.

-thyroid disorders like hypothyroidism can cause delayed periods it can also cause swelling of body parts, cramps etc.

-hormonal disorders like poly cystic ovarian syndrome can also cause menstrual irregularities.

so now you better consult gynecologist and undergo,
physical examination,
blood tests for hemoglobin, blood sugar, total proteins,
hormonal assay for FSH, LH, estrogen, progesterone, prolactin and thyroid profile,
this workup will possibly find out the cause for your problem and treatment can be taken.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.