Missing periods. Feeling tired, nauseous and noticed brown spotting. PG test negative. Possibility of pregnancy?

I am nine days late on my period, have been feeling tired and nauseous for past few days and have had very light brown spotting for two days or so. I have take two pregnancy test, both were negative. I am just wondering if there is still a possibility of being pregnant? I am a little confused.

Thank you for your help.

Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
It is absolutely possible that you may be pregnant.
The main reasons for this negative pregnancy test,in spite of being pregnant,could be
Miscalculating your period date
Delayed implantation after conception
Expired pregnancy kit
Diluted urine for test

I would advise you to wait for a week more and get your pregnancy test done properly.If it is still negative then you may consult your doctor and try to find the cause for missed period.
The causes for missed or delayed periods could be
Overweight or underweight
Thyroid disorders
Taking birth control medications

A proper physical examination by your doctor and few blood tests shall clear the issue and tell the cause for your delayed periods.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck