Missing periods. Feeling cramps in lower left abdomen. Pregnancy test negative. Worrisome

May 2013
hello.i had my period on 12th XXXXXXX and have still not had any bleeding.i have had a few times over the last couple of days like a bubbly cramps on the lower side of my left abdonemn sometimes i get this pain when i am ovulating.i have done a pregnancy test last night and neg? im usually between 25 and 28 days period before this was 19th may and came on 12th XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

just because of symptoms we cannot confirm or rule out the pregnancy,

delay in periods can occur because of causes like,

-hormonal fluctuation due factors like to drastic weight changes, stress and strain, recent illness etc affecting hypothalamo-pituitary-axis,
-in disorders like poly cystic ovarian disease,
-in general conditions like anemia,thyroid disorders etc
-and also in case of pregnancy,

so as some urine pregnancy test kits are less sensitive during early pregnancy,
you better consult gynecologist and undergo blood test for pregnancy,
if comes negative you can get evaluated for delayed periods by physical examination, ultrasound and hormonal profile, which will possibly find out the cause for your problem.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.