Missing period, started spotting and passing blood clots after unprotected intercourse. Worrisome

Myself and my girlfriend had a encounter on 9th december.i broke her virginity.i was inside her for about 30 seconds,no ejaculation,not even close,we decided not to go ahead,but she was bleeding heavily for about 3 days,Then it stopped again on 24th we had an encounter,again we had an encounter,it lasted for less than a minute,again we decided to stop at that point,no bleeding or nethng,but precum contacted,no ejaculation,none of us had an orgasn den,and i had urinated before the encounter,she was due on 28th,she become late very late,on 9th XXXXXXX she had a little spotting,and on 11jan she had a full five day period,again on about 2nd feb she had a spotting,and on 9th after 28 days,she had her periods,lasted for 3 days normal flow,neither heavy nor again on 21st feb she had a spotting,she mentioned its not even a drop,may be the amount of blood wen a pin pricks,now its 25th she said she passed a clot of blood equivalent to the size of a moderate lemon,and there is liquid flow accompanying,i am really worried,could someone explain please help,
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question. I am sorry about the delay so I will try to give you the best answer possible!

So let me summarize what I am hearing:
1. 12/9 - intercourse but no ejaculation
2. 12/24 - intercourse with a question of pre-ejaculate
3. 12/28 - she was due for her cycle, but it did not occur
4. 1/9 - she had a small amount of spotting
5. 1/11 - she had 5 days of bleeding, assumed to be her period
6. 2/2 - she had spotting
7. 2/9 - she had another presumed period
8. 2/21 - she had spotting
9. 2/25 - she passed a large clot + liquid

While I think that the chance of pregnancy is actually quite small, it is never safe to assume that she is NOT pregnant. She needs to perform a pregnancy test to make sure that she is not pregnant. There was a risk of pregnancy on 12/24 with what you describe, and women DO experience bleeding during the first trimester that they sometimes mistake as a normal period.

If her pregnancy test is positive, then she needs to be seen immediately by an OB/GYN to figure out how far along she might be.

If the pregnancy test is negative, then this might be bleeding that is related to irregularity of her cycle which is often related to irregularity in terms of when she ovulates. If this is the case, then a discussion with her doctor about ways to regulate her cycle would be appopriate. This, of course, also has the added benefit of protecting against pregnancy that is unplanned!

I hope that this helps - please ask if you have additional questions!
Follow-up: Missing period, started spotting and passing blood clots after unprotected intercourse. Worrisome 1 hour later

one chnge...there is no question of pre ejaculation on 24/12.i had ejaculated approximately 2 hrs via masturbation before the actual 45 seconds or so intercourse we had...cnfrmed no ejaculation..but i read about precum and it causing added..since precum cme in cntact...

and the bleeding on 26 feb has gt heavy

heavy enough to wet a tampoon and spot the bedsheet

i m takng her to a gynac appointmnt is like 12 hrs ltr n m wrried...
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Well, based on what you are telling me, I believe that the chance of pregnancy is virtually zero, BUT it is very important that a pregnancy test is performed regardless of this impression.

I think that a visit to an OB is a very good idea. Make sure that your ask about causes of abnormal cycles (such as thyroid disease) and ways that cycles can be controlled (birth control pill options).

I hope this helps and good luck!