Missing period, having stomach pain and feeling bloated. Noticed blood after urinating. Worried

Hi, I am 47---soon to be 48 in XXXXXXX I thought my cycle was coming on Friday because I saw small streaks of brown and small amounts of red blood when I urinated, I have been terribly bloated all week. On yesterday (Saturday), even though I felt I was on my period (felt like blood was going into the sanitary napkin), when I checked I saw none. I began having terrible pain on my left side from Saturday morning and is still present; but no blood.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 24 minutes later

The first thing you should exclude now if you do not practice any contraception, is to exclude pregnancy. The other possibilities of the pain could include an ovarian cyst, endometriosis, dysmenorrhea or an unrelated pelvic pain. As you are in the peri-menopausal period, your cycles become irregular and all sorts of disturbances are possible.

You may take an anti-spasmodic for the pain relief, get a pregnancy test done if you do not get your period in the next couple of days and report to your health care provider for further support. As you are on iron supplementation, you may have constipation ( you are taking two iron supplements) and this can also cause the pain.

I would advice you to see your doctor to get to know the cause of the pain and your cycle disturbance.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact, if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.