Missing period, feeling bloated and have puffy abdomen. History of miscarriage. HPT negative. Advice?

May 2013
For the last week my lower abdomen has been kinda bloated and puffy. i get these twinges when i lay on my stomach which never happens. I have had 2 miscarriages. and the feeling of sick to my stomach. new smells make me sick. I have taken 2 home pregnancy test and both negative but im late on my period.
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Just by symptoms we cannot confirm or rule out pregnancy.
Sometimes urine pregnancy test kits may not detect early pregnancy, so if you want to find out the possibility better to go for blood test for pregnancy or ultrasound.
In case of positivity of pregnancy ultrasound can detect it and can also estimate the gestational age.
Meanwhile you can take symptomatic treatment. Start taking folic acid prophylaxis from now-onwards.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.