Missing period and having pregnancy symptoms. Faint line seen on HPT. Started spotting. Miscarriage?

this is regarding pregnancy.
my periods are ALWAYS regular maybe 2-3 days out if that but generally always on time last about 4-5 days each cycle. i am currently 11 days late for my period and have been having pregnancy symptoms but also could be mistaken for period symptoms. i have been getting very dizzy, fainting,nausea,fatigue,irritaited,moody and the worst are my cramps. i have felt as if my period is on its way but it has just never come.
i have done about 8 HPT and only 2 came up positive very faint, the rest were all neg.
today, i started getting stomach cramps and i went to the toilet and when i wiped there was no blood but when i did my toilet paper test there was but it was almost as if it had just mixed in with my discharge so my discharge was a pinkish colour, but later in the day it got a tad heavier and darker.
i have even been having dreams about being pregnant and people say often when you dream about it it is because its happening?
i have lost about 6kg in the last 4-5 weeks i currently way 52kg and i am 21 yrs old. i dont think that is enough to stop my period?
i also suffer from pancreatitis, gastriatitis and had liver failure as my gallstones blocked it so that resulted in having it removed, i asked my gp if this could effect my period they advised no, she was adiment that i am pregnant.
i have been pregnant before and had an abortion about 3 yrs ago, and this time i just didnt feel convinced i am and now i have this bleeding?
do you think that this bleeding is my period or is it possible that it is just spotting?
because my cramps are intermittent, is it possible it could even be a miscarraige?
i just dont know what to do?
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 43 minutes later

Symptoms like nausea, irritability, dizziness, mood swings are all suggestive of pregnancy but not a definitive signs.

As two of your pregnancy tests were faintly positive, with history of spotting, most likely you are pregnant and going for miscarriage.

I recommend you to get a Transvaginal ultrasonography(TVS) done at the earliest.(Ectopic pregnancy presents in a similar way which needs urgent diagnosis and treatment to prevent life threatening complications).
1. If TVS is positive, consult your Gynecologist for further treatment protocol.
2. If TVS is negative of pregnancy, just symptomatic relief of pain will suffice.

Hope this answers your query.
I will be happy to help if you need further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Missing period and having pregnancy symptoms. Faint line seen on HPT. Started spotting. Miscarriage? 5 minutes later

thank you for your response.
is it normal for your period to be so late like how mine is because as i said its never happened?
and if i am experiencing a miscarriage will it get worse?
i took a test just after i had posted my first question, and it is still negative, if i am 11 days late for my period wouldnt it show up by now?
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 44 minutes later
I appreciate your prompt response.

Delayed periods could be due to excess weight gain/loss, stress, thyroid problem, ovarian cyst, emotional instability and hormonal imbalance.
Once pregnancy is ruled out you need to consult your Gynecologist to narrow down the causes of missed periods.
If it is miscarriage, you may notice severe pain abdomen with passage of clots. However it will normalize within 12-24 hours.

Hope this answers your query.
Dr Nilofer