Missing period and getting brown discharge. HPT negative. Could I be pregnant?

Infertility Specialist
i was due for a period around xmas but it never came all i got was a brown discharge & a little pink when i wiped sometimes. i took a couple of home test but they came back neg. could i still be pregnant?
Posted Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I read your query with diligence and I understand your concerns.

It is unlikely for you to be pregnant.

Sometimes the normal menstrual cycle has less bleeding brown-pinkish discharge as you have described. Hence that was your cycle bleeding. Moreover pregnancy test also showed negative results. So you may not be pregnant.

If you are still not convinced, I suggest get a blood test called beta hCG. It is confirmatory for your pregnancy.

I hope I answered your query. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Infertility & IVF Specialist.