Missing period and feeling bloated. Symptoms of pregnancy?

Mar 2016

hello doctor
i have missed my period by 20 days..but yesterday i feel i got preiod but its not proper..and today morning i feel vomating ..its a symtom of pergancy
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 25 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us. I am happy to help you.

First of all, you should undergo one home pregnancy test with urine at the earliest to check pregnancy status. Late period (20 days in your case) with morning sickness/ vomiting are the earliest sign of pregnancy. One ultrasound scan (USG) is required to confirm intrauterine pregnancy in case of positive test.

In exclusion of pregnancy, some other conditions may cause the same features and those include stress/ anxiety/ depression, ovarian cyst, hypothyroid state, irregular diet habit, psychological factor, over weight/ extreme loss etc.

In such cases, you need to consult with your gynecologist for proper investigation after complete physical examination and take suggestive measures with medication accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health in future.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Missing period and feeling bloated. Symptoms of pregnancy? 4 minutes later
my urine test is negative..i alrady do this..............before marriage i have problem with my monthly normal cycle of monthly period is 40 to 45 days....but i consalt with doctor she told me everything will be fine after marriage...but recently i got married on 28 nov.........and iface the i feel heavy pain in my stomach and back also
Answered by Dr. S Patra 4 hours later

Thanks for follow up query. I am happy to help you.

Exclusion of pregnancy should be confirmed by doing blood test for beta HCG level.

Monthly cycle around 40-45 days is not a normal thing. It is called oligomenorrhea in medical term. You should need to undergo several investigations in such case to rule out underlying pathology behind this like ovarian cyst or PCOD, hypothyroid state, hormonal imbalance, obesity or weight loss, psychological factor/ stress etc.

These include ultrasound scan (USG) of lower abdomen, estimation of LH / FSH level, blood estrogen & progesterone levels, thyroid profile, blood sugar test, blood prolactin level etc. In addition, monitoring of ovulation by serial follicular study is essential.

Proper treatment depends on pin point diagnosis. Here, I suggest you to contact with your gynecologist for proper guidance.

In the interim, you must do the following things:

1) Avoid stress/ anxiety/ emotional upset by regular XXXXXXX breathing/ yoga.
2) Take healthy diet with iron supplements and consume more vegetables/ fruits & drink more water.
3) Keep bowel habit regular & maintain personal hygiene properly.
4) Control body weight by regular physical exercise.
5) Take a sound sleep with complete relaxation.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Take care yourself.

Dr Soumen