Missing period after unprotected sex. HPT negative. feeling nausea. Am I pregnant?

Hello, I was wondering if I was pregnant. My partner and I had our sexual intercourse on March 16th, and I would usually get my period by March 27th and as of now, I have a missed period. I tried 3 home pregnancy tests and were all negative. I've been super tired lately and I became very naseaus yesterday. I'm wondering why my period isn't here? Or is it too soon to know if I'm pregnant?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 39 minutes later

If you have regular 28-30 day cycles, you were in the fertile period when you had the intercourse; as such the chances of conception are high. Failure to show up in a urine pregnancy test could be due either to an early performance,i.e., too soon after a missed period within a day or two, or due to faulty test kits or faulty performance of the test.

You should get a serum beta-hCG measurement now along with a trans-vaginal sonogram and see your health care provider to assess the situation. In the absence of a pregnancy, other reasons for the delay in the period could be stress, weight disturbances, hormonal disturbances, infections and certain medications.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.